Gardeners often pinch out the tops of broad beans to curb black fly. We very rarely pinch out the tops. But if blackfly are a problem, the tips may be pinched out when the first pods are set.
To pinch out the tops:
* first select the top of the broad bean plant
* find broad bean top
* Hold the tip between finger and thumb
* pinch the tip so that it breaks away from the plant
- Meteor Broad Beans Planted The Chef planted a row of Meteor broad bean seed...
- Broad Beans Day 62 These broad beans planted in The Plot 62 days ago...
- Express Broad Beans Day53 The Express Broad Beans in the Chef’s Plot were planted...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.