Farming Friends & TopVeg have collaborated to create a How To Grow Parsley card.
The card may be downloaded, printed off and pinned to the potting shed wall as a useful reference on how to grow parsley.
We hope that children, as well as established vegetable gardeners, will find this useful, as they can grow parsley in their section of the vegetable garden, and contribute a useful ingredient to turkey stuffing!.
If you would like a pdf of the grow card for How to Grow Parsley, please complete the contact form asking for the grow card for parsley and we will email it to you.
There are 2 varieties of parsley:
- curled parsley – for garnish
- flat-leaved parsley- has better flavour
* rich in vitamin C – has 3 times more than oranges
* has almost as much vitamin A as cod liver oil
* stems contain more flavour + vitamins than the foliage
* harvest stems from the outside of the plant so young growth in the centre can flourish
* prefers semi-shade & rich, well-worked soil
* sow seeds at any time throughout the year
* germination is slow, helped by bruising the seed or covering with boiling water
* over-winters well
Click this link to buy a copy of the ebook How to Grow Culinary Herbs.
The How to Grow Parsley sheet is a useful guide to grow parsley.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.