Here is a recipe using Brussels sprouts which is ideal for a winter lunch or supper.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 14 cleaned Brussels sprouts
- medium onion peeled & chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon chopped
- rapeseed oil for frying
- black pepper
- place the sprouts in boiling water & par-boil until just crunchy (about 8 minutes)
- drain the sprouts
- as the sprouts are cooking, fry the onion and bacon until crunchy in the rapeseed oil
- add the partly cooked sprouts to the frying mixture, and stir in for about 3 minutes
- grind some black pepper over the mixture
Time: about 15 minutes from start to finish
We used Bridget sprouts & Woburn Country Foods black back bacon as it gave it a sweet, smoky flavour.
This is another sprout recipe to add the GreatBigVegetableChallenge list!
Served with a baked potato, it was a great Sprout Supper!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.