There are plenty of jobs to be done in the vegetable garden in February!
indoors from seed in trays or pots:
- early beetroot Bietola da Orto Paonazza d’Egitto is ideal for early sowings as matures quickly. Good for children to grow.
- broad beans
- spinach Spinach Perpetual is a prolific strain of spinach beet.
- summer cabbage Savoy Cabbage Estoril seeds can be sown under glass in February, and planted out when plants have 2-3 true leaves.
- calabrese for summer cropping
- globe artichoke
- lettuce sowing a few seed each week will give a continuous supply of lettuce
rhubarb & cover to force early stalks
Jerusalem artichoke tubers
Early sprouting broccoli, cabbages, sprouts, kale, leeks, celery and parsnips
- chit potatoes
- apply fertiliser to ground before sowing early crops, to overwintered vegetables, to soft fruit bushes
- cut down autumn fruiting raspberry canes to ground level and mulch
- dig the garden if the soil is dry
The jobs to be done in the vegetable garden in February complete the circle of sowing and harvesting!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.