How to grow carrots in the vegetable garden:
- carrots like a sunny spot
- dig soil in autumn & break soil down to fine, crumbly seedbed before sowing
- sow outdoors from March to August – if in March cover with cloche
- sow every 3 weeks for a continuous suppy
- sow thinly – mix seed with sand to make it easier
- sow in rows 1.5cm deep with 30cm between rows
- thin seedlings, when large enough to handle, so 6 cm apart
- keep well watered
- pull weeds as they appear
- pull carrots when they are large enough, as required
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.