This recipe for sprouts with chestnuts is perfect for Christmas, & will feed 8 – 10 people.
- 1.5kg Brussels sprouts
- 250g vacuum-packed chestnuts
- 100g butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- trim the sprouts
- halve the chestnuts
- add the sprouts to a pan of boiling, salted water & cook for 7 minutes
- drain the sprouts
- melt the butter in a pan
- toss the chestnuts in the butter until they are warm, then add the drained sprouts
- sprinkle with fresh nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste
- stir the mixture so that the sprouts are well coated with butter
- serve in a warm dish
This recipe for sprouts with chestnuts will encourage everyone to eat their sprouts!
- What to do in November There are still a lot of jobs to do in...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.