Les told me last night that he was going to ‘try’ some of his Swift early potatoes next week. I was impressed!
He said he always grows Swift & has the first boiling in early May! Here are some of the secrets I picked up:
· Swift are the earliest variety, ready within 7 weeks of planting
· Les plants Swift in January
· He grows them in flower buckets
· The buckets are kept in the greenhouse all the time
· Swift only have short tops, so don’t fall over
· Les pulls the plant out of the bucket, picks of the largest potatoes & returns the plant to the bucket to continue growing!
Swift is ‘The earliest early” according to the British Potato Council variety database.
Characteristics of Potato Variety:
· exceptionally early maturing potato variety
· good yields
· attractive, medium sized potatoes
· good skins
· good cooking quality
Click this link to buy Swift new potatoes from Unwins
Swift is a very early potato variety!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.