- No comments
Have you ever seen this LEAF Marque logo on a pack of vegetables or fruit and wondered what it means?
The LEAF Marque is a food label you can trust from farmers who care. Produce identified with a LEAF Marque logo indicates it has been through an assurance scheme that means it has been produced by farmers whilst caring for the environment.
LEAF Marque logo appears on products sold nationwide in supermarkets, farm shops and farmers’ markets. You may have seen it on vegetables, salad, fruit, crisps, oil or even flowers. LEAF Marque farmers care for the environment by:
- Carefully managing hedgerows to provide habitats and food for wildlife
- Using pesticides and fertilisers only when absolutely necessary
- Leaving a strip of land between hedgerows and crops to act as a habitat for as a wildlife
- Recycling on-farm waste and conserving energy
- Improving water efficiency and quality
Look out for the LEAF Marque label which indicates food that has been produced by farmers who care for the environment.