Jobs for May in the Vegetable Garden will be dominated by watering, if rain does not come soon!
- into seedbeds – brussels sprouts, broccoli, winter cabbage & kale
- directly into the ground – peas, lettuce, salad leaves, spring onions, beetroot, rocket, carrots, coriander & kohlrabi
celery plants to set outdoors at end of month
Plant into ground at end of month:
- cabbages & spinach left from winter
- new-crop lettuce, salad leaves, rocket and spring onions
- thin seedlings
- prepare ground for leeks
- weed, hoe & mulch regularly
May is a busy time in the vegetable garden with lots of jobs to be done!