June is a busy month with lots of vegetable gardening jobs:
- continue to sow directly into the soil french & runner beans, peas, beetroot, carrots,spinach beet, lettuces and salad leaves.
- plant out seedlings of leeks, cabbages, celariac, courgettes, pumpkins, squash, calabrese, purple sprouting broccoli and outdoor tomatoes
- soft fruit
- broad beans, peas, early potatoes, garlic & shallots
- keep picking salad leaves, rocket and cut-&-come again lettuce
Other jobs for June:
- dry shallots & garlic in sun
- mulch fruit bushes to retain moisture & smother weeds
- stake tomatoes, peas and dwarf beans
- tie raspberry canes to wires.
- net soft fruit against birds
- use enviromesh to keep insects & birds off brassicas & carrots
- collect rain water & use on veg in dry weather
Enjoy the vegetable gardening jobs in June!
- Jobs in July Vegetable Garden July is the month when all the hard work in...
- What to do in November There are still a lot of jobs to do in...
- Express Broad Beans sown in Chef’s plot The Chef has sown some Express Broad Beans in his...
- Broad Beans Day 62 These broad beans planted in The Plot 62 days ago...
- Meteor Broad Beans Planted The Chef planted a row of Meteor broad bean seed...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.