There are still a lot of jobs to do in the garden in November, particularly in this mild weather; there are seeds to sow, crops to harvest & there is the general tidying up of the vegetable garden.
Sow in November:
Plant in November:
- onion sets – click to see how to plant onion sets
- garlic – if not in all ready
- rhubarb, also an old clump of rhubarb can be moved or divided now
- raspberry canes
- gooseberry bushes
- currant bushes
- strawberry plants – if ground suitable & not hard
Other gardening jobs to be done in November:
- digging, if it is not too wet, otherwise leave till the new year
- applying well rotted farm yard manure or compost to ground where next year’s crop will be peas, beans, onions, leeks, celery or spinach
- clear fallen leaves and put them on the compost heap
- collect, clean and store bean supports
- check stored crops & remove any which are starting to decay
- keep an eye out for pigeons & slugs which may be a problem in November
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.