Two weeks after digging up his lawn, the Chef has planted some onions:
- Two rows of ‘Stuttgarter Giant’
- One row of red onions: “Red Baron“
The onions were planted 5 inches apart. For more information on planting onions click this link to planting autumn onions.
Before planting the onions, the Chef prepared his plot:
- he scattered a handful of fertiliser onto the soil. He chose a 7.7.7 fertiliser, reasoning that he has a virgin plot, so it will need a bit of everything.
- he broke the soil down to fine lumps using a rake.
The Chef is planning to plant broad beans as soon as possible and is going to look for some Express Broad Bean seed.
But it has been good to hear that he has already been planting onions into the plot.
- Express Broad Beans sown in Chef’s plot The Chef has sown some Express Broad Beans in his...
- Meteor Broad Beans Planted The Chef planted a row of Meteor broad bean seed...
- Red onions showing growth. The red onions on the Chef’s plot are showing a bit...
- Creating a Vegetable Plot from a Lawn The Chef has decided to create a vegetable plot where his...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.