The Chef has planted leeks on the Plot following early potatoes.
The seed potatoes planted on 2nd April have produced delicious new potatoes which have been lifted from the Plot and eaten. In their place the Chef has planted some leeks.
The leek plants were grown in a seedbed by TopVeg! The plants are about the diameter of a pencil, which is the perfect size for planting out.
- the leeks are trimmed at the top (leaves) and the bottom (roots).
- the leeks were planted 23-25cm (9-10in) apart in the row with 45cm (18in) between rows
- the Chef used a trowel to make a hole 15cm (6in) deep at each planting station
- he then dropped the plants in the hole – but he did NOT fill the hole in with soil
- he filled the holes with water
leeks dropped in hole
These leeks planted following new potatoes will be ready for the Chef to use throughout the winter
- Early Potatoes The Chef has dug some more early potatoes on the...
- Potatoes Planted The Chef was impatient, the potato seed was becoming wizened,...
- Vivaldi potatoes planted The Chef planted his Vivaldi seed potatoes today.The variety Vivaldi...
- Plot Update 30 June The Chef sent an update on his Plot dated 30...
- Meteor Broad Beans Planted The Chef planted a row of Meteor broad bean seed...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.