- No comments
Baby/mini leeks are used for salad, stir-fries, soups and stews. Children like them because they are pretty, mild and different.
To grow baby/mini leeks:
- space close together in the row
- sow in a small garden, an allotment, or in containers on the patio
- liquid feed weekly if grown in a container
- harvest 16–20 weeks after sowing, when still young,tender and full of flavour
- use immediately, as mini veg do not store well
- make successive sowings throughout the growing season for a continual supply.
Baby/Mini Leek Varieties
- A very early, high yielding, mild flavoured leek with extra long, slim stalks
Swiss Giant Evita
- A fast-growing, high-yielding variety with long straight shanks
- A vigorous, very early cropping variety giving high density stems with a mild flavour