Today we had our last leeks & to celebrate we did the ‘leeks au gratin’ recipe.
- 6 leeks – sliced across in circles 1/2″ thick
- 250ml double cream – must be double!
- 2 handfuls grated cheese
- drop leeks into a pan of boiling water – bring back to the boil. Simmer for one minute & drain well.
- place leeks in a shallow, greased oven-proof dish (affiliate link).
- cover leeks with the double cream
- sprinkle the grated cheese on top
- cook in oven preheated to 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe for Leeks au Gratin could not be easier & produces a very special dish.