Today is St George’s Day.
St George’s Day in England remembers St George, England’s patron saint on the anniversary of his death, which is on April 23.
It is an ideal time to try a traditional english recipe.
Peas pudding can be served chilled on toast with salad, or heated up with roast beef and gravy!
* 1 pack of bacon
* 475gm split peas
* salt & pepper to taste
* place split peas in a large oven proof dish (affiliate link)
* cover with water
* add salt and pepper to taste
* leave soaking overnight
* chop the bacon and add to the mixture
* place in an oven heated to 150C until just set
* cool and then put in the fridge