Vegetables make healthy snacks – vegetable crisps are delicious.
Most root vegetables make tasty crisps:
- sweet potato
Recipe for vegetable crisps:
- slice veg thinly with a potato peeler
- if using potatoes – wash the slices
- dry all vegetable slices with kitchen roll
- place in a bowl and mix with extra virgin olive oil, so all slices are covered
- places slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, (affiliate link), season with salt and pepper
- bake at 200C/gas6 for 4 mins for parsnips, carrots & beetroot and 5 – 7 minutes for potatoes
- cool crisps on a wire rack
Farmer-in-France on the farmingfriends forum suggests: ‘ sliced very thinly and fried for just a couple of minutes, beetroot makes great crisps!’
Roasted & salted broad beans are a good snack to go with the vegetable crisps.