Champ is an Irish recipe of mashed potatoes with butter and spring onions (scallions if you are in Ireland!)
- 4 pounds (1.8kg) potatoes
- 1/2 pint (300ml) milk
- 1 cup (225g) chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook peeled potatoes in boiling water.
- Simmer milk and spring onions together for five minutes.
- Strain and mash potatoes, but keep them hot.
- Add hot milk, spring onions, salt, pepper, and half the butter.
- Stir in.
- Serve very hot, with a well of melted butter in the middle.
Try this Irish potato recipe for Champ to warm you up!