This recipe tells you how to cook spinach with pine nuts.
It only takes 10 minutes and serves 8 people.
- toast 4 tablespoons pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden brown
- toss the pine nuts in 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, & tip on a cold plate
- wash 600g of spinach
- tip the spinach into a large pan with a pinch of salt & cover with a lid
- cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice until wilted
- drain the spinach, then quickly stir in 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- season with salt & pepper
- serve & scatter toasted pine nuts over the surface
- Highly nutritious green vegetable
- One cup contains more than your daily requirement of vitamin K and A, and most of manganese and folate your body needs
- Low in calories
- Contains many flavonoids – prevent cancer
- Rich in magnesium – lowers blood pressure.
Cooking spinach with pine nuts give the veg a lift and is very nutritious.